family pic

family pic

Friday, April 10, 2009

less barbie ... more eggs

so i am finishing my 2nd full week of hitting the gym EVERY single day (but sunday) at SIX am. i have a few words to say about the experience. i have been motivated to loose some weight and find me under this flubber suit for a while. but i havent been willing to get out of bed early to do it until recently. for several months i have been hitting the gym like 3 times a week usually while the kiddies are at skool ... not sufficient enough apparantly. so a good friend talked me into this nonsense and the result is this ...

less barbies ...

you know who you are and you know who i am talking about if your not one of them (most of us arent) so barbies are not good for me .... not good for my inner self soul image. at 9am there are WAY more barbies at the gym then at 6am. i think they cant get out of bed that early save a small few of them. and the people that are at the gym that early .... well they dont care and either do i what we all look like at that moment. so not to say i dont like barbies ... I DONT! i think they are bad for the image of a woman/girl but i have a few barbie friends and i adore them ... just not their bodies ... well ok i adore their bodies but its really all around a adore/hate relationship. my body wont do that ... never has never will.

the benefits are many and one of them is the incredible edible egg ...
let me explain the cons first .. there really is only one for me and its that it never gets easier to get out of bed that early for me and i never feel full of energy! i talk myself into going EVERY single morning. but the pro's are so many! first off i get to spend me time doing something for me not for someone else and not at the sacrafice of anothers time, second i get to hang with some great friends that mean a great deal to me, third i feel way better about myself and i think i am finally slowly peeling the flubber away, fourth i have more energy ... kind of, fith the house is usually clean before the kids even go to skool and we get A LOT done in the morning including a better breakfast, something i have never ever been good at and still am not but my kids are getting eggs more often then cereal these days, sixth i get way more done in the day because so much gets done in the morning! seventh i just overall feel way better about life and thats a bit crucial for me these days considering there is so much coming at me to bring me down!

thank you barbies for forcing me out of the gym at your time you have greatly improved my life!

3 comments:

Heather J said...

You make me laugh...... I can't seem to get motivated, so Im proud of you for getting up and actually doing it. I always start out on Monday, and think, I am going to eat healthy today. Then by about 4 Im into the cookies. Maybe I should have you start picking me up and dragging my sorry butt with you.
PS----I think you are beautiful just the way you are.

Sarah said...

YES! I love that you are doing this! I just started last week and i hope in a month i will be able to see a difference!

Natalie said...

I'm contemplating the early morning workout....maybe if the nighttime feedings dropped to another number other than three....maybe