ok ok so i know your all anxiously awaiting a house update right? ok well i have no house pictures even though i can say that its finally changed in a dramatic way. my laundry room brought me tears of joy the moment i saw it painted. its stunning art. and finally love is emerging from my heart for our home and project. but for now you get only a simple project that i found to be hugely successful.
so the girls will be sharing a room. i have been vintage shopping for matching beds for them and cannot find what feels right. i kept picturing something more simplistic and less little girly yet still vintage and young. then it dawned on me. all they really need is headboards to go with their beds. matching ones. and that they indeed should be made by me. so this little project has been on my to do list for a few weeks and its finally been accomplished. and i couldnt be more pleased. it was simple really .....
they are not attached to the wall yet (duh) or the beds (duh) so a sort of imagery needs be used with these pictures.
what i needed ....
batting (i spent $14 on batting per headboard. i really wanted it soft)
fabulous fabric (i spent about $11 each per. joannes, home fabrics)
wood (nate picked me up a big old sheet of plywood for $6)
Buttons/beads/ or something else ..(i shopped & shopped ended up with jewlery components. spent $6 each headboard on this)
so total $ spent $37 per headboard. mind you i still need to buy brackets so my guess is around $45 total. you'll have to tell me if you think its worth it.
this is really an easy inexpensive easy headboard. really.