family pic

family pic

Sunday, March 16, 2008

a FEW things i am grateful 4 right now in this moment ... in no particular order

FRIENDS .... so many showed up at the pantywaist launch yesterday! i have really great friends! two of them hung out there all day and spent their whole day supporting pantywaist and being part of the project .. .not to mention their amazing products! so thanks megan & darla! thanks rebekah, megan I, heather D, heather S, cynthia dean, jessie and barb elder, natalie, and a few others ... sorry if i missed you this has been a long post and i work from the bottom up! so happy reading!


a new friend! Liz .... we have just recently come into knowing each other as more than just competition, and really the most real competition for each other there is in this state of utah! she is amazing i really really admire her! she felt inspired to send me this amazing quote ... "Woman was born to create ... in creating she becomes herself, accomplishes her destiny. He whole life is only and initiation into creative power. To create is not merely to produce a work ... it is to give out one's own individuality" Jeanne De Vietinghoff
read it again ... seriously its very profound, powerful, and true! Liz i love you!


this is my brother joey & his girlfriend nadia ... they dont look entirely normal cause this was at nates 80's party. but really (this may get long ... sorry!) i am so grateful for him in my life and his example to me. this may sound funny considering his history ... its no secret that joey has spent most of his adult life in prison. i have always felt close and connected to him even though he is my step bro. i wrote him a lot while he was away and we had a lot of phone convos. last year when he got out he came to live with me, cause lets be honest, the rest of the fam had kind of had it and lost all patience and the hope for him was dwindling. i dont take credit though for where he is today, its been all him! he has been out and clean for 17 months and has become a spiritual giant with strong spiritual goals and ties to the LDS faith. last night he came over and spent a lot of time with me ... we talked about his girlfriend and the obstacles they face with him being mormon and her not. it comes down to in many ways that she is upset that he loves God more than her, that the gospel is first for him! i was so floored by this spiritual giants really unlikely testimony! what an amazing example to me. he loves her but he realizes that it takes more than love to make a marriage work, he gets that its a triangle! wow!


this week was my first week on a new diet and excersize program that strongly consists of yoga! this is all thanks to a good friend of mine, heather delaney, who is so amazing! she teaches yoga @ golds and has a lot of nutrional and excersize knowledge! she comes to my house to yoga me out on tue & thur even though she teaches thur night. she is so positive and loving and such a dang good friend. its only been a week but i feel a thousand times better than i did last week and my gratitude for her is deeper than the ocean! when i feel like crap about myself my life turns upside down.... i have been there for a while, i feel a turn and it feels sooooooooo good!


really the little girl in this car in this commercial should be storie ...

who would you buy a volvo for? what would life be without this typical girl in my life? he spirituality is amazing and her zest for life is overwhelming and inspiring!


"mom i want a pig for my b-day" me "ok saylor." saylor "no mom i mean i really want a pig, a live one!" "what does that mean saylor?" "it means it breaths and stuff!"
check out these darling pics my friend darla sent .. .this pig has been adopted by this sweet pup family .. now i even want one!


continuous heartbreaking moments of realization of what we go and went through .... her finding an article in the friend .... and pointing to the illustration and saying "look mom a baby thats like me!" constant perspective of what life is really about.


what would this post be without gratitude for the man in my life? who just loves me more than i love myself, unconditionally! when i am not even close to good enough for myself i am good enough for him! last night he even did a yoga video with me cause i really wanted and needed a work out. he was so serious about it and really did but he was his typical self. picture this .. .the yoga video lady saying "feel your breath .." now picture nate in mountain pose holding his hand in front of his mouth so he can feel his breath! lol! or at the end instead of saying "namastay" he says "i am not gay" or "have a nice day" LOL


last but not least the events with stock of the last week. this is not stock and this is nothing like what his new mohawk looks like but you would think that this was how i sent him to school on thursday based on the reactions of some of the teachers at his school, the poor principal had to be the bad guy and administer the phone call home instructing me to cut it. to make a long story short he went to school on friday still mohawk in tact. we also had a monumental moment with stock that almost every parent has that owns a son .... that dreaded "your son has been in a fight on the playground call," turned out to be not so big of a deal ... boys are boys! lately i have felt very bonded to this young man and for him in my life i am grateful!

6 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

What a great post Audrey! I'm glad the party went well. Wish I lived close so I could've gone. My favorite thing about this post though has to be imagining Nate doing yoga!! ha ha. This, I've got to see! Love you guys.

Elizabeth said...

*HUGS!*

Sara said...

Super post! I'm bummed that I missed your launch- we had a baptism Saturday afternoon and I had too much running around and cooking to do- but I will definitely spread the word about all of the cute things you have!

Natalie said...

Man, I had to catch up. I think you and your family are so beautiful. I was glad I could go and see all your stuff at the party. I hope things go well. And I agree with Heather about Nate and yoga. Although John has expressed interest since his flexability is shameful. I'm glad you like it. Working out just makes you feel better mentally. I'm glad you found something you are excited about.

Cynthia said...

I think that is so cool that you have come to grow close to those in your industry including your so called "competition" I wish hair dressers weren't so competitive maybe I could make a lot more new friends!! You are my hero and I just love you to pieces.

Rebekah said...

I loved reading this Audrey!