family pic

family pic

Monday, February 25, 2008

kite runner



Yesterday i read this book from start to finish in several hours. i dont usually do that, not even with books i just love. i am typically a quick reader but dont bust it out in one day! i am not sure if the book was that good or if i just really needed to escape, i think its more the later, heavy stuff going on in my life it feels. its a tragic story. makes you think about life, about perspectives, about racism, terror, and war. its a new light of afgahnistan for me. it penetrates so deep that you dream about it and think about it for a few days.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I was really glad I read it- although it was heart wrenching at times. I've heard that a thousand splendid suns is really good also by the same author- it's on my list of books to read. By the way, I grabbed pillars of the earth...have you started it yet?

Rebekah said...

I'm reading it right now!! It's an amazing, and disturbing read at the same time.

I finished Pillars of the Earth. It is yours for the borrowing!