family pic

family pic

Thursday, August 14, 2008

bravery

what is the defintion of this? really? saylor is one of the most brave & courageous souls on earth. last night was difficult with all the enimas and her increasingly deterating skin on her bum. we traded off holding her and split it up pretty even, ok maybe i got to hold her longer ... but he got to be first. we went to bed at about 12 and now its about 6am. about 6 more hours tell she goes into surgery.

when her uncle aaron visited he had this little convo with her

U.Aaron - Saylor how do you think i can be a good doctor to my patients?
Saylor - tell them to be brave
U.Aaron - do you have some ideas that i can tell them of ways to do that
Saylor - first a nod and then this reply - tell them to take a deep breath and be calm thats how you be brave.

we all smiled .... thats what we tell her, she doesnt do it but obviously she listens. i know the strong power that is in her and her huge influence that is so magical, so i know that she is in aarons life right now at this exact timing when he is on rotation in utah to teach him something, and i have no doubt that he is learning and that it will make him a better doc for the rest of his life.

through all the enimas we kept saying to be brave ... finally she just yelled at us

I AM NOT BRAVE! IM SCARED

me too!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi Audrey,
I am Debbie P's little sister. Just wanted to let you know that me and my 2 little girls (3 & 5) are thinking and praying for you guys today.

Darla said...

Oh Audrey! You are brave your self. You are an incredible mother. I'm sending my prayers to your family today.
LOVES to you and LOVES to sweet Saylor!

Megan Bailey - Pink Piggy said...

Audrey you are amazing! I love you guys and know you both are so strong! Hang in there and let me know when you want me to bring you some lunch!

It all began here said...

Audrey, I keep looking at my watch and wondering how you are holding up. I cant imagine how tough your morning was.

Sending good thoughts your way!

The Torgersen's said...

Your family has been in our thoughts all week and especially today. Audrey you are a great Mom and super inspiration to me as a person. Saylor is amazing and a strong-willed little girl who will do great things. I hope everything goes great today, we love you.

Rebekah said...

Praying and thinking of Saylor and your sweet family at this time!!

Davina said...

Saylor, Audrey, and Nate, I so wish I were there with all of you. Even though I know that you are going through such a terrible, emotional, scary time it's amazing to see your depth, love, bravery, and power. I'm sure it's hard for you to see and I so wish I could be there to reflect your realness and so much more back to you. You are all such a blessing. I miss you.